Monday, November 28, 2011

UBEC's Back B*tches!

Around mid 2010, I was in Cebu for a couple of months. And to be honest, I thought the HipHop Scene in Cebu was so lame back then. I did expect them to be on the level with the "Rock Scene". I mean, after all it's Dice & K9's hometown, the birthplace of ITSUMO (that record was, I was still recording on dusty ass cassette tapes when they did that. And I thought that record was crazy.) So I did expect but it turn out it was some sort of a man for himself in Cebu for every artist back then. My plan was to hook up with some artist and do some studio time with them and just kick it. I already know Souljah's Rhyme, I met knive and BigRam when we did that gig in Bohol. So I started reaching out to some of them until I came across with whith this ass-kicking group WHUT IT DO. And then one day an On-line friend added me in ALLHIPHOPCebu's facebook accnt and I was blown away by the quality of artist Cebu got. I was just their just reading their post and listening to whatever song they post and I heard alot of songs that have potentials. For me it don't add up. Was constantly askin why they don't have HipHop events that everybody would attend. Compared to CdeO, Cebu got tons of possible sponsors and more supporters (by 10 folds). And then, through ALLHIPHOPCebu they organized an event that they dubbed as THE GATHERING (whoeaver made that name was a f*cking genius. That name simply just sums it all up) Just by the pix I saw, I think they did execute the event perfectly. A lot of the hungry HipHop heads came and showed up and heard alot of good feed backs, so that would tell you it was one hell of a night. It was also a good look not just to the artist who came but also to Dice and the 6G crew. It was a good move, reaching out to their fellow Cebuano and just help rebuild the HipHop scene. Props to the organizers too they did one hell of a job. I think it's safe to say that we will be seeing more HipHop event in Cebu soon.


















Photos by PAUL ALTURAS


Side Bet Cheese Miz.... I heard their cooking a Mixtape that will be out under 6000 Goons. It'll feature a lot of top notch rap artist from Cebu. Word is that it'll be out Early 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment